Software Engineer II - Integrations (Ruby/PHP)
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for an up and coming Ruby engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
What You’ll Do
You will be a member of our integrations team incorporating 3rd parties into the BigCommerce platform and expanding the options available to our merchants when setting up a store. From payments to catalog to checkout and beyond, this team works across a large number of domains and services to deliver end-to-end projects. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
- Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible.
- Learn to build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- 3+ year of professional experience with at least two languages: Ruby (required), PHP, Scala, Python, Java, Node, etc…
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills.
- Experience with webhooks, messaging queues, and OOP/MVC design patterns/principles a plus.
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures a plus.
- Experience with SaaS platforms a plus.
- You are a lifelong learner. You are constantly teaching yourself new things and you love learning from others.
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!