BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
As a merchant's business grows and changes, the sales channels on which they sell their products will grow and change as well. This can include adding new online storefronts, changing a POS system, adding an international marketplace, etc. In order to enable merchants to create and manage these sales channels in a way that makes sense for their business, we need to allow merchants to move their sales channels through various lifecycle stages in a consistent, expected manner. Channel Types: Storefront, POS (Point of Sale), Marketplaces, and Marketing (Ads and Social).
You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for standard methodologies that improve software quality.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What You’ll Do:
- Build appealing, scalable products and be an expert in the front-end domain
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and champion an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, SW, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
- Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS or LESS
- Experience in building mobile-first & responsive web
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Understand pattern libraries and design systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Our Hiring Processes Might Include:
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.