BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Software Engineer II, Scala. You’ll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Mentor other engineers in the current domain
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in a JVM language (Scala / Java / etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Scala a strong plus
- Experience with Ruby a strong plus
- Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, deliverable / deployable pieces.
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external services integrations over APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Experience with ecommerce, SaaS platforms highly preferred
- Nice to Have: Experience with OAuth and/or SAML workflows and permissions
- Nice to Haves: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings