Software Engineer II
The Evernote Growth Team has the mission to delight and help our customers engage with our best-in-class note taking app. In this highly versatile role, your day-to-day work will directly impact large areas of the product and challenge your technical expertise as you develop across our front-end Web clients, back-end micro-services, and messaging tools. Our mission spans across improving user experience – from initial awareness and onboarding, to day-to-day usage and support by conducting experiments and using insights from data to drive our decisions.
We are a creative, diverse, and analytical team, passionate about continuous learning around our customers’ behaviors. We value empathy for the customer experience, as well as a quantitative focus on driving business metrics.
Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying tests to anticipate and rapidly respond to our customer’s needs. We measure in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time.What you'll do
- As a full-stack growth software engineer, you will design, build, test, analyze, and rollout changes to the Evernote product.
- Perform rapid product iteration through experimentation to determine what users want in software
- You'll be biased towards action, pragmatism, and results – tangible outcomes that you can measure
- Tackle new territory, because learning and recognizing patterns in unfamiliar technologies excites you.
- You will see things how they should be, not just how they are.
- Collaborate with a group of Designers, Analysts, Product Managers, and other Growth Engineers to design & execute experiments that will be seen or experienced by millions of people.
- Partner with product, marketing, and support teams to run A/B tests, share knowledge, and use data to inform and influence roadmaps and business decisions.
- BS Degree in CS, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience shipping modern web applications with Java, HTML, CSS, React, and RESTful APIs.
- You've delivered continuously using standard build, test, & deploy tools.
- You've led agile teams through storming and norming.
- You're comfortable working deeper in the stack, including relational databases and cloud services.
- Familiarity with React, Redux, Flux, and Electron is a plus.
- You've shipped software on mobile and desktop platforms.