The Platform Service teams at RetailMeNot work on initiatives that enable us to provide users meaningful content at the right place, right time, and right price. We build APIs that deliver frictionless experience in discovery and redemption of savings while at home or in the store. We build solutions to handle complex challenges in real-time, using distributed systems. We constantly add new ways to provide more content and incremental value for our users and merchants. Technologies that we use today include GraphQL, Java, Node, RESTful APIs, Docker, and AWS.
Technical challenges on the team range across the entire stack. Our full stack engineers iterate quickly to deliver new features while maintaining high performance and scalability. They write code in all tiers of the system and are constantly on the lookout for newer and better technologies.
Across the team we take a data-driven, scientific approach. We improve the product through extensive A/B testing. When you ship a feature on this team, you’ll know your exact impact to the bottom line.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- You have shown a track record of successful high quality delivery
- You bring a solid understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar
- You have 2+ years of application development experience
What You'll Do
- You will write and deliver software as a member of an Agile scrum team.
- You will work together with your Agile team to improve process and delivery through collaborative problem solving.
- You will collaborate with other teams to generate technical solutions.
- You’ll cultivate and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the cash back business and use that knowledge to cooperate with us as we build a technical and business roadmap to improve savings for our users and drive sales for our retail partners.
- You’ll share your expertise in complex web systems to improve reliability, scalability, and maintainability of a platform serving millions of customers.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers extensive freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive.
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension. Savings are also provided in
consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the
pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.