Software Engineer II at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
If you are an aspiring back-end Engineer with an interest in product thinking, we are looking for the type of developer who has participated in cloud-native development. Do you enjoy learning new technologies and working outside of your comfort zone? If so, read on!
What You'll Be Working On:
- Developing highly available and highly scalable applications
- Collaborate with product management, peer teams, and quality assurance, and end-users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Generate high-coverage unit and integrations tests
- Generate technical documentation
Our Tech Stack
- Agile based product workflow with daily SCRUM
- Git source control and Jira ticket management
- Golang microservices deployed on Kubernetes with an Istio service mesh
- gRPC and GraphQL APIs
- AWS Lambdas
- AWS Step Functions & Express Workflow
- Amazon EventBridge
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Cloud Development Kit
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Experience deploying cloud-native solutions to AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience building microservices
- Experience with several the following:
- AWS Lambda or other FaaS
- AWS DynamoDB or similar
- SQL relational databases
- Apache Kafka
- Experience developing software using version control systems (preferably Git)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced growing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant fields; or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of programming in various environments
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).