BlackLocus is building cloud-based analytic tools to optimize and automate retail merchandising decisions such as pricing, assortment, space and fulfillment. By applying machine learning and revenue management techniques, the BlackLocus platform enables intelligent retail software to identify opportunities for competitive advantage. The company was a venture-funded startup, founded by Carnegie Mellon alumni and entrepreneurs with a passion for creative deployment of new technology. Acquired by The Home Depot in December of 2012, we operate with autonomy as a product lab from an office located in downtown Austin, TX.
- BS in CS, or equivalent experience including self-education
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience with various persistent data stores and their query languages
- Experience with Java or Python a plus
- Write clean, maintainable, high-quality code.
- Collaborate to establish best practices across our development projects.
- Help take new products from prototype to deployment.
- Solve problems with production systems and automate operations as much as possible.
- Stay current with advancements in technology and advocate for the appropriate use of those advancements in our own stack.
- End to end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity.
- Mentors other engineers via design and code review
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2018 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.