Software Engineer (Java/Kotlin)
Novi Labs is a VC backed technology company in Austin, TX. Our mission is to provide an industry leading software and data science solution that allows our users to generate and interact with machine learning models to help them better forecast, plan and develop their oil & gas investments.
Our customers include innovative oil & gas operators and forward-thinking energy investors. Collectively, they invest hundreds of billions of dollars in capital annually to find and develop energy assets. Novi improves outcomes on these investments through applied artificial intelligence and machine learning models - which enables reduced risk through data driven optimization. Stated simply, we help our clients choose the best way to invest their capital.
Novi was founded by a set of industry experts, well versed data scientists and experienced software engineers. Our heritage in the industry combined with our experience building scalable, data driven analytical software applications positions us to provide a highly valued, best-in-class solution to our customers.
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract great talent by offering a challenging, collaborative, and rewarding work environment. We have a proven track record of inventing real solutions to challenging problems and a reputation for building great software that our users love. Our team includes software engineers, data scientist, data analysts, and customer success experts building and supporting a ground-breaking software solution.
As we continue to grow we are looking for a Software Engineer with a focus on Java/Kotlin to help contribute to the future of Novi with quality code that allows us to evolve with the needs of our customers. We are looking for engaging team members who will make an impact and grow with the company. You will work to improve the existing code bases and architectures while developing a point of view around how to evolve and improve Novi’s software on behalf of our customers. You will have an opportunity to impact shaping the future of our product and culture on a daily basis.
- Work within a small development team of software engineers to quickly implement solutions to customer issues and support Novi’s existing product offerings as well as build out the next generation of those offerings
- Tackle challenging problems, such as developing web services to perform computationally expensive tasks efficiently
- BA/BS degree a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals
- 2+ years of software development experience in Java/Kotlin
- Experience with Java 8 and Kotlin as well as modern Java stacks (Dropwizard, Gradle) preferred
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka) is also a plus
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and accountability
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Professional work environment with a clear understanding of work/life balance
- Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Friday Lunch Provided
- Free Drinks