Software Engineer Manager at Volusion
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually.
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer Manager to lead engineering efforts related to our best-of-breed eCommerce platform and its rendering technologies. This position will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer and be directly responsible for the execution of major technology initiatives related to our platform.
- Be accountable for business-driven technical outcomes. You are the hands-on, accountable engineering lead and driver for your team delivering value to the next-generation Volusion platform.
- Ensure your team runs smoothly. You will need to continually identify technical blockers and work with your team and across teams to clear those blockers.
- Communicate your team’s results to outside stakeholders. In addition to our Agile processes, you will communicate on the status of your team’s short- and long-term goals.
- Align technical initiatives with the product manager’s requirements. We are a product-driven company that provides detailed requirements to our engineering teams. You will work closely with a product manager to keep your team focused on driving business value.
- Lead and manage 4-8 people. Our people are the most important aspect of our company. You will meet weekly with your direct reports, set goals, and develop our engineers.
- Ensure your team is running smoothly and delivering results on time
- Be willing and able to work alongside your team on a daily basis
- Contribute on the ground floor alongside the folks you are managing
- Continuously deliver high-quality software
- Break down clear requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Be the lead engineering voice for your team in meetings with product, content, sales, and engineering departments
- Help evolve the best tech company in Austin
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other Engineering discipline
- 5+ years developing high-quality software
- 3+ years leading technical teams
- 2+ years managing direct reports (3 or more)
- Experience with Node.js, React/Angular, and TypeScript
- Google Cloud or AWS experience (Google Cloud preferred)
- SQL and no-SQL Database knowledge; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Volusion’s Technology Stack:
- React hooks, React with Redux, Relay, and server-side rendering
- REST APIs
- Google Cloud (including a number of managed services
- SQL and no-SQL databases, specifically PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Various search and cache services, both Google managed and 3rd party
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, sparkling water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings