Software Engineer - .NET C# Angular - Faith Based Solutions
About the role:
As a Software Engineer for Blackbaud's Faith-based Vertical, you will be joining our development teams to develop and enhance web-based applications and working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture and cloud-based computing. Our relaxed work environment promotes open seating, paired programming, cross team collaboration, efficient communication, Scrum methodologies and TDD principles.
Engineers at Blackbaud are thought leaders in our department and local development community. Duties include solving complex issues, learning/teaching new technologies, promoting growth and assuring your team delivers on its commitments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute towards implementing important elements of the application software architecture and application infrastructure.
- Design and develop software applications, project prototypes, proofs of concept & client demos
- Actively practice TDD and Agile best practices for your product team
- Assist in evaluating performance of critical application components and optimize them to assure maximum performance and scalability
- Perform, design and code reviews for all key application functional components
- Support in driving the development effort for End-to-End on-time delivery of high-quality solutions that conform to feature requirements
- Contribute to requirement definitions for project design and code reviews
- Assist in the process of aiding your team lead, product manager, and other team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments and provide progress updates at daily standup meetings
What we’ll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or possess equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of utilizing C# to build robust scalable applications
- 1+ years of utilizing Angular to build web-based applications
- 1+ years of experience working in a professional DevOps environment
- 1+ years of experience contributing in a TDD & Agile work environment
- Experience with design and implementation of object structures in relational databases
- Involvement working with SOAP, REST APIs, and asynchronous messaging technologies (e.g. Azure Service Bus, Event Hubs, or Apache Kafka)
- Experience being an active contributor to existing programs/projects by analyzing issues and providing alternative solutions with creative thinking.
- Open minded, creative thinker with the ability to balance client requirements, competitive pressures, and technical resource limitations across product families
- Professional demeanor, adaptable to change and possessing a can-do attitude!