Software Engineer (.NET)
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable full-stack engineer with a strong desire to have a direct and positive-impact on revenue. You will be a primary point of contact for front-end optimizations, but will also participate in the development of new API integrations. You will help us modify and improve the established code-base while identifying opportunities to isolate and improve modules that can be reused across multiple products. You will work closely with product owners, marketing stakeholders, and engineering leadership to rapidly prototype new features, unit test code, and coach others.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ECOMMERCE ENGINEERING TEAM
The eCommerce engineering team is focused on implementing opportunities prioritized by the marketing and product teams. We maintain several products across multiple brands using diverse technology stacks. We do API integrations, front-end optimizations, and create amazing user-experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work alongside other eCommerce engineering team members to create reusable tools, components, and APIs for multiple product websites
- Facilitate the realization of product and design staff objectives and visions
- Coordinate with remote engineering staff to learn and maintain extensive code-bases for multiple products
- Refine our increasingly robust techniques to rapidly deploy conversion rate optimization experiments
- Become an integral part of a fast-paced Agile software development environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of professional experience in ASP.NET web development
- Experience with a minimum of one modern user interface framework or library
- Passion for understanding and refactoring legacy systems for test
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail while managing multiple priorities
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges and achieving results
- Experience with PHP/WordPress
- Experience with Vue.js/Nuxt.js
- Experience with Node.js
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description