Software Engineer - New College Grad - Consumer Platform at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. Additionally, talent at all levels will play a role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build and implement solutions for Bright Health digital properties
- Create responsive websites and applications using agreed upon frameworks/technologies
- Work with designers to maintain UI/UX standards
- Work on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure
- Stay on top of bug and task management (Jira or similar experience is a plus);
- Help debug issues and pair program with other engineers
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Zero (0) - Two (2) years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Preferred experience building/maintaining consumer facing products
- Preferred experience working within Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis) strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.