Software Engineer, Operations Solutions at Blackbaud
About the role:
As a Software Engineer focused on Operations Solutions, you will be responsible for developing, engineering, configuring and automating enterprise level solutions to monitor our compute, network and storage devices in several datacenters and cloud environments. In addition, this role will engineer and support server build automation and patching. Within each of these responsibilities we need a person to drive and create automation and identify areas of improvement.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish, configure, manage and optimize applications and tools for monitoring management.
- Providing Tier 3 technical support for monitoring management services
- Developing event views, ad-hoc or scheduled reports and scripts to provide effective event resolution and situational awareness
- Maintaining the overall health, stability, and security of supported systems and environments with current standards
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies; pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Work with cross functional teams to engineer and support an automated server build and patching environment to ensure servers and infrastructure devices have the latest updates
- Contribute to the automation of stored procedures helping achieve consistent implementation & efficiency
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or 1-3 years of work experience or equivalent project experience required.
- Experience managing enterprise monitoring solution; System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Solarwinds, and/or CA UIM preferred
- Experience managing server automation tool and server patching tool; System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) preferred
- Experience creating or modifying scripts or automation, such as Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud orchestration required
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events