Software Engineer - Password Cracking at SpyCloud
Software Engineer - Password Cracking
SpyCloud is a pioneer in breach discovery. We strive to help businesses of all sizes mitigate data breaches by proactively alerting when employee or company assets have been compromised. We accomplish this through our early-warning breach detection service powered by a world-class team of intelligence analysts.
SpyCloud manages the most expansive database of plaintext passwords in the industry. Once a new breach is recovered from the dark web, we use specialized hardware and software to crack as many of the password hashes as possible. This gives developers the ability to prove user exposures and automate password exposure checks across internal systems.
We are looking for a passionate developer who can join our Data Team and contribute to our password cracking platform.
- Research and add new features to our password cracking platform
- Maintain and improve existing supporting infrastructure
- Manage weekly password cracking
- Participate in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with distributed systems/service
- Experience with Python
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with databases (relational or NoSQL)
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with AWS
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to switch contexts as business needs change
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with building REST APIs
- Familiarity with Bash scripting
- Prior password cracking experience
- Familiarity with a version control system. We use Git.
- Familiarity with HashCat
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas or considering internships at this time.