Software Engineer - in person or remote at Bright Health
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the language best suited for the task, which typically include Scala, C#, T-SQL and PowerShell.
- Build APIs and data micro services to share our data with internal and external partners and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores.
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance.
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Zero (0) - Two (2) years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (preferred), or relevant experience required.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO or functional programming language, including C#, Scala, Java, Python, PowerShell
- Experience deploying and running cloud-native, elastic application and data solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience using query languages like SQL for relational and/or non-relational data stores.
- Understanding of performance and scaling, as applied to backend/data stores
- Software testing fundamentals including automated unit and integration testing (we're big on TDD).
- Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka or Spark Streaming preferred.
- Experience with functional programming in Scala preferred.
- Experience with API design preferred.
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures preferred.
- Familiarity with containerization/virtualization, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes preferred.
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices preferred.
- Hands on Azure admin and DevOps experience preferred.
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, Hive, and Spark preferred.
- Scala and C# experience preferred.