Software Engineer Python/Java at Novi Labs
Novi Labs is a VC backed technology company in Austin, TX. Our mission is to provide an industry leading software and data science solution that allows our users to generate and interact with machine learning models to help them better forecast, plan and develop their oil & gas investments.
Our customers include innovative oil & gas operators and forward-thinking energy investors. Collectively, they invest hundreds of billions of dollars in capital annually to find and develop energy assets. Novi improves outcomes on these investments through applied artificial intelligence and machine learning models - which enables reduced risk through data driven optimization. Stated simply, we help our clients choose the best way to invest their capital.
Novi was founded by a set of industry experts, well versed data scientists and experienced software engineers. Our heritage in the industry combined with our experience building scalable, data driven analytical software applications positions us to provide a highly valued, best-in-class solution to our customers.
About the Position:
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract great talent by offering a challenging, collaborative, and rewarding work environment. We have a proven track record of inventing real solutions to challenging problems and a reputation for building great software that our users love. Our team includes software engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and customer success experts building and supporting a ground-breaking software solution.
As we continue to grow we are looking for a full stack Senior Software Engineer with a focus on Python and Java to help contribute to the future of Novi with quality code that allows us to evolve with the needs of our customers. We are looking for engaging team members who will make an impact and grow with the company. You will work to improve the existing code bases and architectures while developing a point of view around how to evolve and improve Novi’s software on behalf of our customers. You will have an opportunity to impact shaping the future of our product and culture on a daily basis.
- Work with the product management and business development teams to define user stories, implementation details, estimating effort, and contributing to acceptance criteria that support Novi’s current product offerings as well as our next generation software products.
- Build and maintain features that support business and customer needs, including web services to perform computationally expensive tasks efficiently and ETL pipeline components to productize and evaluate machine learning models
- Ensure high quality code by following best practices, code reviews, and automated testing
- Continually help improve quality, performance and scalability of Novi’s product offerings
- Mentor and share knowledge with peers, evaluate new technologies and help incorporate them into the technology stack
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of developing software applications
- Experience with Python 3 and modern Python stacks (Flask, etc…)
- Experience with Java 8 and Kotlin as well as modern Java stacks (Dropwizard, Gradle)
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Experience designing, developing and implementing software using Agile methodologies.
- Must possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and accountability
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Professional work environment with a clear understanding of work/life balance
- Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Friday Lunch Provided