Software Engineer - SEO + Growth
About the Job:
Rev is looking for a Software Engineer with SEO experience who would join our Growth engineering team to enhance organic search discoverability, rankings and visibility on search engines using various available tools including but not limited to GTM, GA, and Google Search Console.
- Analyzing website for SEO related issues
- Enhance website rank in domestic search engines
- Develop, customize and troubleshoot SEO related features
- Recommend and implement analytics tracking codes needed for ongoing reporting and analysis activities
- Build internal solutions that automate business processes using any combination of custom front-ends, Cloud applications, back-end services, scripts, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales operations teams to implement growth initiatives
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.
- Strong software fundamentals with expertise in web APIs and modern scripting languages
- Knowledge of responsive web applications
- Knowledge of how search engines work and SEO fundamentals
- Able to be autonomous but collaborative
- Motivated individual with interest in enhancing skills and learning
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to partner with different parts of the organization to identify and solve major business problems
- Knowledge of Google Search Console
- Familiar with Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- .NET and/or C# knowledge is a plus
B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field + 2 years of work experience in engineering, SEO or Marketing
- $100 in Uber credit every month.
- Unlimited PTO and ability to work from home.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks. Free lunch every Friday.
- Team building events like baseball games, happy hours and team trips.
- A generous budget to create your own workstation.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k plan
Rev is a marketplace for remote work made up of a large network of 33,000 freelancers (aka Revvers) that provide services to our 100,000+ customers around the world including companies like Amazon, Google, Buzzfeed, and more.
Started by MIT engineers in 2010, Rev has raised capital from Silicon Valley VC’s. We have ~125 + employees (and growing) with offices in San Francisco and Austin. Sales are growing fast, and we reached profitability in 2017. We like to hire people that are intelligent, humble, high achievers and are eager to advance their careers. You’ll be measured on your impact rather than your effort.
Today, we offer four services, and we will launch more in the next few years. Our initial offerings are audio transcription, video captions and subtitles, and document translation. What the verticals have in common is the work can be done anywhere, and software can transform them via marketplace methods, productivity improvements, and machine learning. We believe many types of work can be done remotely, and we have a game plan to change more of them in the years to come.