Software Engineer, Site Reliability - Payments at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer, Site Reliability within Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations (IECO), you will contribute to the development of our solution delivery platforms supporting our web-based applications on the latest cloud technologies within a DevOps culture. We are looking for developers who are passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will utilize automation technologies and private/public cloud technologies to provide world-class solutions that serve the non-profit industry. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design and architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications in the cloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with configuration management tools in both Windows and Linux as well as architecting and implementation of cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting
- Design and manage AWS components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda as well as deployment and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet availability, security, performance and recoverability requirements
- Drive technical design and validation, while ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Build automation leveraging CI/CD processes, automated testing, unit testing, code coverage and other software development best practices.
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies & further operational excellence
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points to drive innovative solutions
- Driven by a customer-first mindset in leading the ownership of daily operations, fulfilling service requests, aligning on priorities, and focusing on operational effectiveness while meeting SLA/OLAs.
- Drive incident response with relentless initial focus on restoration of service, followed by a drive to ensure the root cause of problems are identified and resolved permanently.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a cloud environment and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS required, AWS a plus
- Ability to manage using a preferred scripting language required, MS Powershell preferred
- Solid understanding and experience with web services, databases and related infrastructure/architecture, and Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Collaborative, positive, quality-oriented and self-motivating attitude
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.