Software Engineer, Stitch at MongoDB
MongoDB Stitch is a new backend as a service that lets you directly access MongoDB anywhere and interact with other services such as AWS, Twilio, and HTTP APIs. Stitch is backed by a powerful, easy to use rule system called QueryAnywhere, and includes features such as serverless functions, database triggers, and Stitch Mobile Sync.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 3+ years of experience developing robust back-end and/or frontend software at scale, including experience with concurrency and distributed systems
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Have a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Have a desire for continuous learning of new technologies, languages, and platforms
- Be an effective communicator, an engineer, and problem solver
- Possess the ability to self-start and improve themselves
- Have some experience with MongoDB
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly communicate challenges or roadblocks
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Design effective solutions to challenging software engineering problems
- The Senior Engineer will be successful in this role when they
The Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around the backend and frontend Stitch code bases, and work closely with the Mobile/SDK team
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively
- Earn the trust of the team
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*