At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The primary objective of our Software Engineer is to participate in the design, development and maintenance efforts of CCC’s applications. This individual will leverage their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Software Engineer is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, i.e. program module, and at the system level, i.e. integrated applications. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
- Researches technical solutions to business problems
- Collaborates with the broader Agile team on a day-to-day basis and within the four Agile ceremonies
- Development, testing, and documentation of software and infrastructure products
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Keen interest in learning and adopting new technologies and software languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Business Administration, or a related field
- 4+ years' experience developing Java applications.
- Extensive experience with Java SE 8 or above, Python, Git, REST web services, JUnit
- Hands-on Experience working in AWS cloud ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Familiarity in using any one of the Git based source repositories like Bitbucket, Gitlab or Github.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux ecosystem
Preferred Additional Skills
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo or Circle CI
- Familiarity with containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.