Software Engineer - Telematics at CCC
CCC is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
At CCC, we keep people’s lives moving forward when it matters most. CCC Intelligent Solutions is a leading technology company powering the multi-trillion-dollar P&C insurance economy. CCC connects tens of thousands of businesses – insurers, collision repairers, automotive manufacturers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators, and more – to digitize mission-critical workflows, applying advanced AI and network integrations to improve customer experiences. At CCC, you will work with some of the brightest minds in business and technology. We embrace a growth mindset, agile and design thinking while empowering our people to explore the full breadth of their talents and ambitions. Our world-class design lab and customer experience center are core to innovation at CCC, where we collaborate with clients and platform partners to build next-generation solutions. Diversity of perspectives and experiences and an inclusive work environment are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of nearly 2,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our teams through our Inclusion & Diversity commitments and I&D employee council. Building on our 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC announced plans to go public in 2021, signaling the next phase of our growth. CCC was named best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes in 2019, and a top place to work by BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA in 2020 and 2021. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting www.cccis.com.
The team creates a software platform for the collection, analysis, processing, and reporting of automatically generated vehicle telemetry for new automobiles. These services process terabytes of information, integrating with artificial intelligence models, to identify and assess crashes and their severity. Driver behavior, active safety features, and environmental conditions are just some of the data attributes collected and evaluated in real time. In the event of accidents, these services initiate automated responses in the form of emergency assistance, vehicle transport, a replacement vehicle, medical services, etc.
- Collaborates product stake holder teams to identify and implementation of functional and non-functional requirements
- Responsible for on time delivery of high-quality software and infrastructure components
- Works closely with engineering team members, architects to design, develop and test all tiers of the application
- Participates in on-going maintenance and support including resolving any production issues / defects when needed
- Ensures that the services are built and deployed in an automated fashion
- Mentor and assist in the training and on-boarding of other team members
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 1-5+ years' experience developing java based applications.
- Good understanding of microservices based software design & best practices
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with any of the following:
- NoSQL data stores, Relational DBs, Object stores, cache frameworks
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Drop wizard or Spring Boot
- Apache Kafka
- Familiarity in using Git or another modern source repository
- Strong experience in unit testing principles & methodologies
- Experience in Agile and Scrum practices
- A quality-oriented mindset focused on product delivery
- A strong capacity and desire to learn
- Proven ability to collaborate, proven ability to lead junior engineers
- Java EE
- Rest Web Services
- Drop Wizard or Spring Boot
Nice to Have:
- Web Service technologies:
- AWS technologies:
About the company’s Commitment to its employees:
CCC Intelligent Solutions employees are part of an inclusive culture that brings together diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our team is defined by our values of: Integrity, Customer-Focus, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and Tenacity. Together, we help our clients and each other achieve new goals.
CCC is committed to providing employees with opportunities to advance their careers and skillsets. CCC team members receive access to training and education reimbursement is available.
CCC offers competitive compensation and generous benefits. Health insurance, PTO, 401K, are just some of the benefits available to team members. CCC’s top priority is the health and safety of our clients and our staff, which is why we have expanded our remote work benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualified job candidates will be interviewed by phone and video. Dependent upon role and responsibilities, new hires will be eligible for remote work immediately, with all necessary office equipment provided upon start date.
Each team member plays an important role in the company’s success and each team member has a voice. CCC employee engagement and job satisfaction ratings consistently exceed industry norms – underscoring the value CCC places on its employees.