AffiniPay is looking for a Quality Engineer that is passionate about building excellent automation systems and delivering high-quality code into production. Our ideal candidate will have strong experience with building automated test suites and running continuous integration systems for web-based applications and APIs. You will also be responsible for developing QA procedures, testing of software and reporting on the quality of the current builds. This role will expose you to all aspects of the software stack and many cutting edge frameworks/tools. This is an extraordinary opportunity for someone to join a growing company as part of a fast-paced engineering team.
We’re working on complex problems in an industry that requires high quality and availability. We have an open, collaborative environment where we work together to make our customers successful. While there’s a lot of domain-specific knowledge to pick up and some work may fall outside your expertise, we thrive on helping one another deliver a great product.
We are transforming the world of payments by solving unique challenges:Focus on Quality: Because we process billions of dollars in transactions for clients every year, we set an extraordinarily high bar for quality and availability. Accept Payments Globally: We are building solutions that must keep up with global payment capabilities, financial flows, and payment types. Make Payments Effortless: We make getting paid effortless for solo practitioners as well as some of the largest law firms in the world, whether they’re using our software or a partner’s. Build Scalable Systems: We’re building event-sourced, reactive systems that must stay scalable and manageable. End-to-End Security: Keeping data secure is critical to our business and to maintaining the trust of our customers. Build a Partner Ecosystem: We’re making integrations quicker and easier to grow our list of 70+ integrated partners.
- Define test strategy, build test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and deploy advanced automated testing frameworks that provide reliable and repeatable test results
- Develop internal QA tools to efficiently test components/applications
- Perform testing of features and bugs at all levels of the stack
- Build and maintain QA infrastructure to provide a reliable build pipeline and test environments
- Analyze and decompose complex issues and collaborate with others to drive adoption of standard methodologies in code health, testing, and maintainability
- BS in computer science or equivalent related work experience
- 3+ years in a QA or development role
- Experience in the design/development of an automation framework
- Experience with REST APIs and other back-end systems
- Experience with Travis, Jenkins, or some other CI system
- Familiar with Linux shell
- Experience with Git or other SCM
- Familiarity with SQL, databases, and data-driven automated tests
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, and programming practices
- Natural inclination of staying ahead to learn current trends and standard methodologies in software test automation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile team environment
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently with minimal guidance
- Flexible working environment, with 100% remote option
- Proven understanding of building and administering CI/CD systems
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies
- Experience with performance testing or security testing
- Experience developing simple test tools or test harnesses to aid in testing
- Experience using cloud-computing services such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with IaC, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with payment certifications such as PCI
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered...
Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Open PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun offsite quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin's fastest-growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.