The Software Developer in Test will to join our core development team as we create the next generation of AlertMedia products and services. Producing quality software is critical to our customers' success. As a Software Developer in Test, you will help us meet ever more stringent standards for quality by designing, implementing, and documenting automated tests that mean we can move faster with greater confidence and fewer interruptions. You will work directly with one of our development teams and be your team’s subject matter expert on quality and automated testing.
Who you are:
You like to break stuff to figure out how it works, and then put it all back together. You have an eye for detail and a knack for thinking like an end user. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment working cross-functionally with other Engineers and Product Managers. You know that you can't test quality into a product after its built; quality must be built in from the beginning. Above all, you get great satisfaction from working together with a team to have a direct impact on our customers' success.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the emergency communication software industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations to keep their people safe, informed, and connected during critical events. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government, and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Design and develop automated tests and testing frameworks to drive quality and catch bugs & regressions early
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Dissect user stories to determine validity, testability, and identify corner cases
- Design functional test cases that validate functionality and ensure requirements are met
- Execute automation tests provide feedback for your team
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Monitor bug resolution and track successes
- Perform all the above responsibilities within an Agile delivery model, working closely with a cross-functional team to consistently deliver quality software in short sprints
- Help identify areas for continuous improvement in our software, development practices, CI/CD processes, and testing methods.
- B.S. degree desired
- 2+ years of experience in a QA / Testing role
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with behave/gherkin/Python
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with AWS, Postgres, and React a plus
- Tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively work cross-functionally
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical,Dental,Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.