Software Engineer at Social Solutions
Are you comfortable working within a large and complex codebase? Do you get satisfaction from knowing that you did things the right way, even if it's the harder way? Are you passionate about exceeding user's expectations? Do you enjoy mentoring junior members of a team? If so, keep reading!
What You'll Do
- Write, test, and maintain awesome code. Delight our clients by creating awesome cloud software.
- Collaborate with your peers in Product Development.
- Innovate! Find new and exciting ways to use emerging cloud technologies to improve our web based products.
- Teach! Coach your more inexperienced peers on all aspects of being a world-class software developer.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and their applicability to Company products.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Programming, or equivalent experience.
- Experience creating enterprise level software/reporting systems in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with MVC design patterns and object-oriented design and programming
- Experience with PHP Code Frameworks
- Experience with SQL Queries using MySQL as well as SQL Query creation and optimization
Why We're Awesome
Fun Fact: Once or twice a week we take a well deserved break from making our products amazing to casually play various tabletop games (Where's My Fish, Chess, Exploding Kittens, etc).
At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Social Solutions' software (SaaS) helps some of the most vulnerable human beings in our society. Our software for Nonprofits allows them to spend less time on compliance and more time on ensuring the effectiveness of their service programs for the people who rely on them. Since our software was designed by direct service works for direct service providers, it also helps them to demonstrate impact to stakeholders.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.