What is Spreetail
Spreetail is a new ecommerce site that makes it easy to shop for your backyard, garage, and home. We’re passionate about making our customers’ lives better and easier through a best-in-class shopping experience that’s simple and enjoyable. That’s why we offer the best selection of products with free 1-2 day shipping, free returns, and incredibly friendly 24/7 customer service. On top of that, we give 5% of every purchase to causes and communities in need through our in-house nonprofit foundation.
Originally from Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has expanded to include offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities and 6 states. We currently have hundreds of employees across our rapidly growing company, and are searching for crazy smart, talented, visionary people to help us reach our big goals.
Who is a Spreetailer
Spreetailers are collaborative go-getters who say bring it on when faced with a challenge. We build technology, run warehouses, market products, recruit top-notch talent, and create original community-focused programs that make a real-world impact. No day is the same and we thrive in a dynamic, innovative environment. We aren't part of your typical company and we're proud of that.
Our culture is based on opportunity, openness, relationship building, and hard work. We believe this is what makes everyone happy and fulfilled with their positions in the long run.
Life at Spreetail
Working at Spreetail is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in history. We take on challenges that others would call impossible because we have a team of amazing, talented people who collaborate and think bigger together. We act fast because we’re committed to being the best.
As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a high powered Software Team. We power Spreetail with our e-commerce software and are responsible for partnering with the business to build scalable, robust and innovative systems. We’re not a “slow moving or outdated” software org. We want team-members to be innovators, disrupters and continue to push our technology further.
- Write maintainable code that is flexible, elegant, and powerful.
- Delight customers with APIs and systems that are a joy to use.
- Build software solutions that can be monitored and analyzed to understand system performance and behavior.
- Increase the objective quality of new and existing software systems.
- Share technical knowledge and promoting technical excellence throughout the department.
- Chip in to projects and tooling that impact all software teams.
- Create elegant solutions (with the help of product managers and frontend engineers) using: Web/API Development, Data Reporting and Analysis, Integration with External Technologies, High level of test automation
- Create reusable components and tools shared by the entire team (or maybe the world!)
- Collaborate with front-end developers to define interactions between server and browser.
- Pursue continuous improvements to code quality and execution
You must have experience with the following technologies:
- 2+ years of web/API development in Node.js (Go expertise is a plus)
- 2+ years of microservices experience
- MySQL (Indices, Views, Stored Procedures)
- Testing Frameworks
- Version Control (Git)
- Public Cloud Know-How (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure*)
- Docker or Kubernetes
We believe in making employees’ lives easier with benefits that enhance their quality of life. To reward your hard work and dedication, Spreetail offers:
- Generous Vacation Time. Hourly team members enjoy 20 days of PTO each year and salaried employees are granted untracked PTO.
- Health Insurance. Spreetail pays your full monthly premium.
- Home Owner Bonus. After 2 years, Spreetail supports your purchase of a home with a $5k bonus.
- Company Trips. Each time we hit our goals, we fly to a new destination.
- 3 Year Island Getaway. You and a guest get a 5-star beach vacation.
- 5 Year Sabbatical. Take 10 days off to reward your time in the office.
- Donation Match. We match you dollar-for-dollar up to $250/year, and up to $1,000/year after 5 years.
- Stock Appreciation Rights. As Spreetail grows, so does your bank account.
- Leadership Development. We invest in making you a stronger team member.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.