As a Software Engineer, Worksmith will provide you the opportunity to develop the necessary skillset to become a senior executive in the technology industry.
Not only will you will be given the opportunity to hone your engineering skills across our entire technology stack - from our React Native mobile app, to our Spring powered API, to our DevOps setup in AWS - but you will be given the opportunity to learn about business, entrepreneurship, and leadership - how effectively communicate between departments, how to think about analyzing cost vs. value of a new project or initiative, how to set deadlines and deliver. We believe strongly that this well-rounded skillset is a requirement for all leaders in the technology space, and we believe that Worksmith offers the unique opportunity to grow these skills - quickly.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Building features across our entire technology stack, from our mobile application to our API.
- Contributing to the automation of our infrastructure, deployment and CI systems
- Participating in an on call rotation to answer questions from other teams and clean up our bug backlog.
- And most importantly, delivering the mail - making sure that your features are delivered on time.
The right candidate:
- Can write reusable, maintainable, bullet-proof code
- Is excited to head to the whiteboard to work out a tough problem with your fellow developers
- Can take feedback as well as you can give it
- Displays a self-motivated drive to continuously improve
- Is motivated to not only achieve but exceed expectations
We also look for these qualities in our candidates:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
Worksmith is transforming the way high end brands manage their in-person customer experience by revolutionizing the store experience (Store XM). Our software-enabled marketplace seamlessly connects retailers, restaurants, salons, etc. with local service providers across the US and Canada to create store environments that reflect their brand.
Worksmith’s software saves time, money and headaches: for clients, Worksmith provides the peace of mind of knowing any emergency or recurring maintenance need is being handled efficiently and effectively by the Worksmith network.
For service providers, Worksmith is an easy-to-use, pay-for-performance marketing vehicle that provides job opportunities without the hassle of sales and marketing, billing or collections. Our platform provides the means for local service providers to dramatically grow their business: the top-performing service provider made over $160,000 through Worksmith in 2018.
So, how do engineers contribute to this mission?
For us, it starts with building scalable and easy to use software using the latest and greatest technologies. Through hard work and collaboration, our team is building the Worksmith software platform from the ground up. This platform is responsible for redefining how our clients interact with our vendors and is the backbone of our company.
A few other things to know about us:
- We don't settle for good - we strive for great
- We work hard and play hard
- We challenge the concept of "because it's always been done this way" and the phrase "it can't be done" is not in our dictionary
- We're team players
- We rise to the occasion
What we offer:
- A work-hard, play-hard culture with an entrepreneurial approach
- Opportunities that accompany a high-growth organization
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Casual, fun work environment: we enjoy team lunches, happy hours, and electric bike tours