The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
You'll love working at Opcity because we...
• Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing data-driven company
• Work collaboratively to draw on each team members unique experience
• Are at the forefront of tech and real estate, redefining the home buying experience for the next generation.
• Are passionate about our customers and live/breathe the user experience.
• Get to be creative every day.
• Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
• Offer competitive compensation based on your level and experience to help eliminate bias in salaries
• Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
What you will do...
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
To be a match for this role, you should be...
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take requirements and build something that’s simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend (we use React) and backend (we use Python, Flask, AWS, Docker)
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
We’ll be moving our Engineering team from our HQ offices on Burleson Rd. to Downtown, Austin, TX.
Read Full Job Description