ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for an experienced backend to fullstack engineer who is enthusiastic about working in NodeJS and Vue Framework. You’ll focus primarily on extending, scaling, and improving our Core API, Learning Experience, and User Experience Websites alongside a talented and caring group of fellow API engineers, client developers, product managers, software architects, and quality assurance testers.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
We are a team that cares heavily about the quality of product and our student’s learning experience. The Internal Tools and Learning App teams come from a variety of backgrounds, thrive on collaboration and respect, and push each other daily to do their best. We ask the same of any new hire and are always excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the table.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Primarily focus on maintaining and adding features to Core API
- Additionally help support the Internal Tools API
- Identify and write shared libraries and services to use cross platform
- Work with product managers and other devs to create new app features
- Plan with architects to meet scaling needs as we tackle new verticals
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2+ years of engineering practice
- 2+ years integrating databases and APIs
- 1+ years working with databases (bonus points for MongoDb)
- 1+ years of NodeJS experience
- Comfort building RESTful Express APIs
- Techniques for architecting at scale
- Knowledge of debugging memory issues
- Deploying and monitoring cloud platforms
- An open and engaged attitude when it comes to learning
- The innate ability to positively mentor and lift the team
- Authorization to work in the United States without additional sponsorship
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description