Software Engineer at realtor.com
You'll love working at Opcity because we...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing data-driven company
- Work collaboratively to draw on each team members unique experience
- Are at the forefront of tech and real estate, redefining the home buying experience for the next
- Are passionate about our customers and live/breathe the user experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Offer competitive compensation based on your level and experience to help eliminate bias in
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
What you will do...
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
To be a match for this role, you should be...
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take requirements and build something that’s simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend (we use React) and backend (we use Python, Flask, AWS, Docker)
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices