Software engineers are expected to spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. Additionally, talent at all levels will play a role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build and implement solutions for Bright Health’s digital properties;
- Create responsive websites and applications using agreed upon frameworks/technologies;
- Work with designers to maintain UI/UX standards;
- Work on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure;
- Stay on top of bug and task management (Jira or similar experience a plus);
- Help debug issues and pair program with other engineers;
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering;
- 2+ years of software development experience and/or a reviewable portfolio of work;
- Experience building/maintaining consumer facing products;
- Experience working within Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis);
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time);
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description