Software Engineer at Kazoo
Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the role:
We're looking for a full-time experienced Software Engineer with a passion for collaboration, problem-solving, and software development to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying features while working with our scrum teams to ensure we rapidly deliver excellent results. You'll be working with Mongo, React, Node, AngularJS, Express, and other modern technologies.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other team members to design, build, and deploy scalable web applications
- Write maintainable, extensible, performance-minded code (full stack)
- Write reliable tests, review others' code, and be an advocate for engineering best practices
- Influence our product's direction with your ideas and technical expertise
- Support our customers by understanding their needs and improving our platform to meet them
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Minimum 4 years of application development experience required
- Strong abilities with HTML and CSS, knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Server-side experience working with Node and/or Ruby on Rails
- Modern front-end framework experience (React)
- Experience with non-relational data stores such as Mongo
- Experience with AWS, including S3
- Advocate for modern software engineering practices such as continuous integration, unit testing, and automated deployments
- In-depth understanding of web app scalability
- A proven track record developing production applications
- Ability to lead technical projects and communicate technical problems concisely
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience with agile software development processes such as scrum
- DevOps knowledge is a plus
- Experience in both creating and consuming GraphQL APIs is a bonus
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.