Software Engineer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
What You’ll Do
- Build and extend beautifully crafted React applications.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert across the engineering team for front-end architecture.
- Contribute to and maintain our shared front-end component library
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Support other teams as they migrate legacy front-end and full-stack applications to React
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Who You Are
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience developing as an engineer on SaaS products
- At least 1-2 years of architecting / leading React based projects backed by RESTful APIs
- At least 1-2 years’ experience with cloud-based SaaS development
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Nice to Haves: Static site generator experience, JWT & OAuth experience, DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- On-site Interview
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.