Organizations have reached a tipping point in data access where the effort involved in making data accessible is exceeding the value extracted from the data. Access to large, distributed data today is too complex, and the technologies to manage it are designed for scale rather than efficiency. As the adoption of advanced analytics and machine learning continues to accelerate, data readiness and availability will be the primordial ingredient required for success. The ultimate goal is instant access to real time data at high concurrency, but few if any businesses achieve this.
Molecula does achieve this via a novel data representation which is built from the ground up for storing and manipulating features. Our feature-oriented data format goes beyond columnar to find the most efficient data representation for analytics, and we do some unconventional things in software to make this possible.
Molecula’s vision is to unlock human potential through the power of real-time data. Our core technology is an enterprise feature store that solves the massive data readiness problem and allows companies to focus on extracting value from their data. We are a fast-growing startup with a cohesive team determined to bring about a complete transformation in the way enterprises and application providers advance by providing access to data at the speed of thought.
Molecula is looking to bring on a Software Engineer to help us accelerate the development of our product. We are looking for people who are passionate about building and delivering enterprise grade software that will push the boundaries on how data is accessed today. You will play a critical role in advancing our functionality and delivering value to our customers, while supporting the open-source ecosystem and working on low-level, distributed systems.
- Implementing new features outlined in our product roadmap
- Writing tests and benchmarks ensuring the product adheres to our stability and performance standards
- Participating in code review
- Assisting with customer issues, which may require interfacing directly with customer stakeholders
- Responding to questions and issues generated by the open-source community
- Promoting the product with blog posts, meetups and conference talks
In this position, you will be expected to have—and the propensity to build upon—the following requirements:
- Experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Go or other concurrent programming language - multithreaded or coroutine based
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with a variety of data stores (i.e. relational, noSQL, graph, Hadoop) and data pipelines (i.e. Apache Kafka)
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills with the ability to work in a stakeholder facing capacity
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment
The following are desirable though not required:
- Open source contributions.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodology.
- Experience with compilers.
- Experience with perf, eBPF, and other Linux performance/observability tooling.
- Other observability tooling (statsd, prometheus, opentracing, etc).
- Ops — Containers, Provisioning systems (Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes, etc).
- Expert level database knowledge (tradeoffs between types of indexes and storage engines, query planner details, etc)
You agree with and are prepared to live the following values:
- Integrity—above all else, you are honest. Without trust, we fail.
- Initiative—new challenges arise constantly, you take responsibility for meeting them rather than waiting to be told what to do.
- Commitment—you follow through, you get things across the finish line.
- Scientific Mindset—you make an effort to understand things deeply and test your hypotheses, however you also know that it can be more efficient to go with your instincts and tradeoff against the next value...
- Speed—You push to iterate quickly and find the minimum that can be done to get to the next learning and manage risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.