Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of Role:
We’re looking for a full-time Software Engineer with a passion for collaboration, problem-solving, and software development. As a Kazoo Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and deploying features while working with other members of Kazoo’s engineering team. You’ll be using Node, React, MongoDB, Express, Postgres and other modern technologies.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Write maintainable, extensible, performance-minded code (full stack)
- Write reliable tests, review others’ code
- Influence our product’s direction with your ideas and technical expertise
- Support our customers by understanding their needs and improving our platform to meet them
What you'll need:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
- Ability to communicate technical problems concisely
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Minimum 3 years of application development experience required
- Strong abilities with HTML and CSS, knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Server-side experience working with Node
- Modern front-end framework experience (React preferred)
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores such as Postgres and Mongo
- Experience with AWS, S3, Heroku, or GCP
- Advocate for modern software engineering practices such as continuous integration, unit testing, and automated deployments
- A proven track record developing production applications
- Experience with agile software development processes such as scrum
Desired Skills & Experience
- DevOps knowledge is a plus
- Experience in both creating and consuming GraphQL APIs is a bonus
- Experience in Ruby on Rails is a big bonus
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. One of our company values is “Yes, &” - we believe in a diverse experience that allows us to build off the momentum of each other, so however you identity and whatever background you bring with you, we strongly encourage you to submit your application if this is a role you can be passionate about doing every day!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.