Software Engineer at Cognite
Do you see how data can be used and visualized in new ways to revolutionize the way industrial companies work, but you experience that the tools and data availability is insufficient to create impact? If you want to change that, and take part in forming what the future of the industry will look like you should join our Cognite and become a part of the team responsible for delivering Cognite’s cutting edge industry solutions to our customers!
As a Software Engineer, you will design, develop and implement solutions with best-in-class pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency. You are an experienced engineer with a passion for software development, hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for flagship products.What You’ll Do
- Develop custom extractors for customer systems or middleware like Kafka/MQTT using Python, Spark or Rest APIs
- Build containers and deploy connectors using Docker/K8/OpenShift or VMs
- Prototype web/mobile front ends with JS/React
- Develop scripts for transforming and cleansing data
- Model data and make it available through GraphQL
- Collaborate with product development to turn customer needs into product offerings
- Prototype data visualization and dashboards
- Partner with Customer Success team and Solution Architects to understand client needs and requirements
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Loves to code, passion for coding, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others
- Likes to find patterns in data and have an understanding of data science methods and tools
- Experience working with data technologies, such as: ETL, SQL, Python
- Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with and engage with clients -- we don’t build solutions in isolation.
- Role based in Houston, TX or (Austin, TX w/ travel to Houston)
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and humility to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices | Carlo Caso, Katrine Tjølsen, Petter Reistad.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Exceptional Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in Japan and America, Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Google awarded Cognite Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year 2019 for Manufacturing and Austin Business Journal named Cognite 2020 Best Places to Work.