Software Engineer at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
WP Engine is on a mission to help our customers win online! Whether that’s helping an aspiring entrepreneur to turn a hobby into an online business or a multinational corporation to launch a new campaign in weeks instead of months, our platform is there to help them win — whatever that means for them.
Our vision is to be the most trusted WordPress technology company in the world. To fulfill that vision, we need your experience to help us build compelling solutions for our customers and the WordPress community at large.The day to day.
- Working within an agile team to deliver value for our customers
- Developing plugins or themes which extend WordPress functionality or better integrate it into our platform
- Providing helpful feedback to teammates through code reviews and design discussions.
- 3+ years of Software engineering experience
- You believe design matters and are an advocate for user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing WordPress plugins that extend the capabilities of WordPress or contributing to WordPress core
- Experience working within a design system to create cohesive experiences
- Solid understanding of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Company Wellness Days
- Wellness Program
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.