Software Engineering Director / Platform Architect at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This role is suitable for any candidates that are based in any EMEA countries where we have offices (the UK, Romania, Germany, Spain, France, Bulgaria). You will occasionally travel across the UK, EMEA and the US, in one of our offices, to meet with other team members.
What you'll get to do...
- GoDaddy is the leading Hosting Company and Domain registrar globally. The GoDaddy Partners business focuses on creating ground-breaking solutions to help the everyday entrepreneur that serves others – Creatives, Agencies, Resellers and software developers to name a few.
- We have a unique opportunity for a passionate technologist to join the GoDaddy Partners business in a leadership role to lead and grow a significant B2B platform currently responsible for multi-million-dollar revenue.
Your experience should include...
- You will be top of your game, and ready to move into a significant engineering leadership role, but you’ll also be looking for a role where you can remain firmly hands-on and lead a hand-picked team of software developers by example.
- You will have an eye for technical excellence, and you will have an eye for quality and demonstrable experience using Test Driven Development. You champion security by design and you have the war wounds to instinctively know how to design for performance and availability.
You might also have...
- Agile is in your DNA, but you are pragmatic about its implementation, instinctively knowing how to apply it in different situations and knowing how to avoid its shortcomings. You know that your team are key to your success and you have a passion for growing and mentoring people and sharing your knowledge broadly.
- You thrive in a complex environment and you are not scared of change. However, you have a passion for simplification and have actively championed and succeed in consolidating technology and process complexity in your previous roles.
- Whilst not essential, knowledge and awareness of the hosting industry, creative agencies and development outsourcing would be beneficial.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.