“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the team of engineers on a day-to-day basis. The Engineering Manager ensures that projects are being completed on time and meet product / project expectations. A team of engineers looks to the Engineering Manager for process, troubleshooting, mentoring, and technical expertise. The Engineering Manager will be the point person for Product and Project Managers looking to assign a project to a developer.
- Responsible for the development aspects of assigned projects
- Participation in meetings and planning sessions when required
- Responsible for helping define phased scopes of the development portion of proposals
- Work with VP engineering on engineering standards
- Work with the Product and Project Managers to ensure that projects are completed on time
- Work with other teams to identify inefficiencies and correct them
- Identify resources to keep the team up to speed on the latest technology
- Monitor capacity and skill set to determine hiring needs
- Aid in the hiring process for qualified candidates based on capacity needs
- Approve requests from the team for events, resources, etc. if within budget
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews with each member of the team
- Help run sprint planning meetings and pre-planning meetings with Product / Project managers
- Work with VP of engineering on “sprint of sprint” meetings
- The engineering manager has supervisory responsibilities for engineering team members
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience leading engineering teams preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform: Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Dataverse
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.