The Crema Engineering team builds the technology that enables Marketing and internal RMN services to connect with RetailMeNot's 40MM users on different platforms using Transactional and Promotional messaging.
We integrate with third party marketing solution providers and use RetailMeNot's data to create unrivaled and personalized User journeys. Engineers on our team work closely with Product, Marketing and other teams to build features that enhance User experience and increase engagement with our products.
In your role, you’ll direct a team of full stack software engineers to drive business results and technology innovation. You will work with our product and design teams to define the roadmap to deliver maximum value to our customers. Technologies we use today include Java, Python, Scala, Clojure, SQL databases, Mongo databases, RESTful APIs, Docker and AWS infrastructure.
Who You Are
- You have acquired a 4 year CS Degree or related technical discipline, Business Admin or related experience
- You have at least 7 years of SDLC experience
- You have experience leading technical teams to deliver business solutions
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have software development experience
- You have used agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You love the idea of using technology and data to power unique user experiences
- You are result oriented and have a creative mindset to push beyond boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
What You'll Do
- You will lead project management for your team, and take ownership of your team's delivery in close collaboration with product management, business analysts, designers, and other engineering teams
- You will drive iterative and on-time delivery of software
- You will recruit, coach and grow high performing engineers
- You'll guide team members to make sound technical decisions
- You will lead ideation and discovery of technology solutions to improve user experience and drive business value
- You will champion test automation and engineering best practices
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve engineering process, employees’ success, and business success
- You have 2+ years experience in engineering management experience
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology platforms.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension. Savings are also provided in
consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the
pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.