Software Engineering Manager at One Drop
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:51 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
One Drop is the future of health. Our app helps people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions take charge of their health and reach their potential. We’re a determined group of thinkers, doers, and believers who care deeply about what we do. Our mission is ambitious. Our pace is fast.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join the rapidly growing engineering department at One Drop. The ideal candidate will have a solid software development background but is not looking for a role that involves writing code. They will have experience managing cross-functional teams of engineers and QA resources as well as coordinating with other Engineering Managers and staff to take on larger projects.
You'll make an impact by:
- Providing effective leadership and conflict resolution for your direct reports
- Conducting performance reviews
- Growing/guiding the careers of your direct reports
- Coordinating with other Engineering Managers and Product Managers
- Communicating status updates on the health of your teams, concerns, challenges, etc.
- 8+ years of experience in or related to software development
- 4+ years of experience in a role managing or leading engineers
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Experience managing vertical / mission-based teams
- Previous experience as a software developer
- To deeply impact the lives of people with chronic conditions
- The opportunity to contribute at an early stage startup and help develop the future of healthcare
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance and 401k plan
- Yearly Professional Development budget
- Unlimited vacation days
- Weekly catered lunches, company swag, company outings, and other surprises when you start
One Drop is the future of healthcare. Our mission is to develop technology that ensures all people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions can thrive. We harness the power of data science and mobile computing to make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and effective.
Our clinically proven mobile platform combines AI-powered predictive insights, personalized health coaching, and FDA-approved connected devices to simplify self-care. And it works. People using the One Drop platform have seen significant improvements in their health in just a few weeks.
Today, the rate of people living with chronic conditions is increasing dramatically, and traditional approaches to healthcare cannot possibly scale to reach them all. We exist to serve those people and help them lead their best lives. www.onedrop.today
At One Drop, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. One Drop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: One Drop does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or One Drop employees. One Drop is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description