Software Engineering Manager at SparkCognition
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help take our domain-driven development team to the next level and will manage the release of one of our products. You should possess a strong technical aptitude in the area of front-end or back-end software engineering, preferably with experience building Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing systems, along with strong management and leadership skills.
You will work closely with software development team managers, architects and product managers to lead the team (and our organization) towards success. We are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact helping guide the development team in best practices in software development.
If you were working for us today, you would be:
- Work closely with other managers, product managers and architects to set the direction and priorities of the domain development team
- Provide management and support to a team of software engineers and data scientists who are responsible for all aspects of developing specific domain product components
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and knowledge of software development best practices to the team
- Act as Product Owner and Release Manager for one of our products.
- Contribute to the development of software as an active member of the development team as necessary
- Further define and build out our infrastructure engineering capabilities
- Manage and improve the day-to-day operations of our build, testing, and continuous integration environments
- Support an effective developer workflow including build, test automation, and deployment
- Lead and mentor software development and domain specific architecture teams
You may be a fit for our team if you have:
- 7+ years of software development and management combined
- Strong ability to lead a team of software engineers, assess their strengths and enable them to succeed in their day to day work
- Excellent communication skills and be able to interact effectively with other members of the management team.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with agile software development, preferably from a leadership perspective
- Experience with at least one programming language: Scala, Python, C#, Java, etc
- Experience with development operations of continuous integration, automated testing, build automation, and automation of dev process
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)