Software Engineering Manager at Self Financial
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
As an Engineering Manager on our Platform Engineering Teams you will be working at the very core of how we improve our credit-building products and services. You’ll be charged with ensuring that our amazing products and team members have the tooling, data, and integrations necessary to reach our goal.
The incredible project domains you will work on:
We are looking for a leader who drives impactful solutions at a massive scale for the following Platform Engineering Teams.
- Data Engineering: Ensure that data remains a strategic asset for Self Financial by placing timely, quality managed, and purpose built data into the hands of our team members. Our team supports internal Analytics, Machine Learning, and organizations.
- Credit Reporting: Work in the heart and soul of our mission! Enable timely, accurate credit reporting to all major credit reporting agencies.
Teams that make a difference; individuals that matter:
At Self Financial, we love to put challenges into the hands of talented individuals to solve. Our teams are composed of skilled software engineers who participate in all areas of our creation process including systems design, solution architecture, planning and execution. At Self, we welcome and celebrate leaders who show initiative and creativity. You will carry influence. Our leaders are asked to organize plans that drive outcomes and are challenged to make a direct impact on our mission.
About the Job
As an Engineering Manager, you will drive strategic project initiatives to completion while building and mentoring engineering talent. You will work closely with other engineering, product, and client services teams to deliver value-driving solutions. Your team will be fast-paced. As a leader, you will focus on cultivating a team-culture that can operate with a healthy sense of urgency while maturing our engineering architectures and processes.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated and self-starting professional
- You are passionate about people and want to mentor a team of talented software engineers
- You want to help grow and mature our software engineering culture and brand
- You prefer a fast-paced and environments and shaping rapidly growing organizations
- You are passionate about delivering value and care deeply about quality and experience
- You like the idea of helping people start (or restart) their financial journey
What you'll be doing:
- Leading a team of software engineers to enhance Self’s portfolio of credit-building products
- Collaborating with Product, Architecture and Infrastructure teams to build a team roadmap
- Recruiting and building a diverse engineering team
- Driving growth and maturity into your team’s processes and procedures
- Fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment and work culture
What you’ll have:
- 2+ years in an management or leadership role
- 5+ years as part of a software engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with agile engineering methodologies
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.