Hyliion is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Cedar Park, TX. This position will develop, implement, and maintain software quality related processes, procedures, and performance metrics in support of the Company’s software quality discipline. The successful candidate will have a history of documented success supporting the delivery of high-quality, safety-compliant software. This position reports to the Vice President, Software Engineering.
Reports to: Software Manager
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with software engineering departments to create, launch and drive software quality engineering discipline and capability
- Develop, implement, and maintain software quality related processes, procedures, and performance metrics at the Company and product levels
- Perform software quality audits to assess compliance to established organizational processes
- Serve as contributing member of hardware/software teams to design, test, and deploy the Company’s products
- Support engineers with software quality and test related issues to solve problems, design issues or to improve quality or performance
- Identify and develop quality improvement initiatives to reduce cost and schedule and increase performance of the products
- Continually work with program managers to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans
- Collaborate routinely with Engineering and Operations to pro-actively improve quality of hardware testbeds and the software test environment
- Ensure software quality throughout the software development lifecycle through requirement reviews, traceability evaluation, test plan/procedure reviews, and test participation
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure that software release deployment adheres to established process with objective evidence that software maturity levels have been achieved
- Facilitate the reporting and tracking of software and hardware test environment issues to quantify impact and drive preventative and corrective actions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- C/C++ and Python
- Linux with command line scripting
- Knowledge of and experience with Software Quality Assurance best practices and standards such as IEEE 730, 1028, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum 5 years Software Quality Assurance/Management experience in a fast-paced, agile development environment
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience in software requirements engineering
- Experience in code inspections and reviews
- Experience in defect identification, prioritization, and resolution
- Experience working with relevant stakeholder organizations such as program management, systems engineering, software engineering, configuration management, and others in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
- Agile/Scrum Certification: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- 6-Sigma Green Belt
- Demonstrated competence in LabView and/or TestStand
- Experience in automotive or heavy equipment manufacturing environments
- Ability to verbally present information in individual or group settings.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.