Software Quality Assurance Engineer at OnlineMedEd
OnlineMedEd’s purpose is to change how education is approached, delivered, and learned. We leverage education, technology, and research together to drive it all forward. Our philosophy is simple: medical knowledge belongs to no one, so medical education should be accessible to everyone. So we made a quality baseline education available to the world, for free. Today, we are one of the most widely used medical education platforms globally, playing a key role in creating the next generation of health care professionals. Equipped with enhanced knowledge, reasoning skills, and empathy, this generation of doctors is improving the lives of millions of patients.
We are looking for a full-time Software Quality Engineer to help to ensure the quality of our software products while working in a great environment. Do you have the ability to test with a user-centric mindset? Can you utilize your expertise and knowledge to help drive QA best practices and process improvements? Are you passionate about driving quality through the company? Then you may be the right candidate for this opportunity.
Why You'll Love Working With Us
By joining our team, you'll be helping transform digital health care education, improving mobility and access for 300,000+ monthly active users in 193 countries. Our team of talented employees and contractors is aligned to the same purpose and values, with the opportunity to bring our own unique strengths to our roles. Thanks to our welcoming company culture and comprehensive benefits, OnlineMedEd was ranked #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltInAustin and one of the top Austin-based companies to work for overall.
What You’ll Do as a Software Quality Engineer
- Work with the Product team to create concise, testable, and thorough acceptance criteria that reflect project goals and testing needs
- Partner with Customer Success to handle production issues by duplicating, documenting, and conveying their importance to the Product team for prioritization
- Create, maintain, and execute automation test suites, and review test results to provide feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- Propose solutions to improve the quality of our products and processes
- Drive quality throughout the organization with your attention to customer needs
Qualifications You'll Need
- 3-5 years of QA experience in an agile environment
- 2-3 years working in a Lean or agile team
- Intermediate level of SQL skill
- Love of solving and preventing complex problems
- Ability to handle manual or automated testing of applications
- Hands-on knowledge of iterative development, particularly in Lean Software Development, Kanban, or another similar agile framework
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence applications
- Ability to document steps to reproduce observed defects
- Initiative to improve product coverage and QA effectiveness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- A connection to OnlineMedEd's mission and alignment with our values
- Competitive compensation: The salary range for this position is $54,000 to $82,000, depending on experience.
- Genuine flexibility in work:
- Location: Work in the Austin office, work from home, or opt-in to our hybrid model so you can experience the best of both. Roles are open to candidates located anywhere in the U.S.
- Hours: Work a schedule that makes sense for your life.
- Time off: Unlimited time off lets you celebrate, relax, recharge, recover, or travel the way that works best for you.
- Preferences: We provide funding to set up your home office space, plus you’ll pick your own laptop, and own it after a year.
- Enterprise-level health, dental, and vision insurance: OnlineMedEd covers 100% of the premium costs for employees, plus 80% or more of dependent premiums.
- Health and wellness perks include ClassPass credits, gym membership reimbursements, and virtual coaching for mental health.
- Selflessness: The best results happen when we put the users first, the team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your day without being micromanaged. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. Salary ranges are transparent to foster pay equity. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: Focus on being great. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work when and where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.