Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Software Technician to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about producing leading-edge software for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software test systems for Cesium’s space communications products. This includes crafting test setups that are modular and reusable, collaborating with engineering teams to develop test requirements, implementing test plans and procedures, providing systems for storing and accessing test data, and supporting our continuous integration tools. Additional responsibilities include lab and equipment management, managing licenses for software tools, and supporting the delivery of our software to customers.
The Software Technician role focuses on software testing and operations for our single-board computer, software-defined radio, and associated components. Technical areas of focus include software tests of our modular hardware platform, DevOps, continuous integration, and related tools and processes. Candidates should have experience with configuring virtual machines and containers, software test frameworks, and physical aspects of software tests such as networking, power, and mechanical considerations.
- Supporting automation of software tests and enabling continuous integration.
- Performing non-automated software setup and test procedures.
- Designing and implementing lab test setups, such as test racks, data acquisition systems, and custom test software to complete test objectives.
- Safely performing lab operations such as network configuration, power management, JTAG, and other cabling.
- Reporting lab equipment status and test results through a web dashboard.
- Supporting root cause analysis on failures.
- Preparing software for delivery to customers and tracking post-delivery software updates.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining a variety of computer software, including virtual machines and containers (e.g., Docker).
- Familiarity with Python.
- Familiarity with version control software, especially Git.
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience with DevOps tools, especially GitLab.
- Experience with software test frameworks (e.g., pytest).
- Familiarity with additional software development languages such as C/C++, Rust, and shell scripting.
- Experience in electronics labs, with working familiarity of common lab safety procedures (such as ESD control) and equipment (such as benchtop power supplies).
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.