Software Test Engineer at Compeat
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a problem solver with the skills to make an impact in an industry that affects everyone you know. At Compeat our industry leading restaurant management product suite will have you engaged in cloud computing, distributed back-office systems, SOA, online services, and data analysis.
We are looking for a talented technologist to join our team as a Quality Test Engineer to evolve our product suite and user experience. This role will be a member of a development team in our Austin office located at the Domain.
- Automate existing manual test scripts
- Create manual and automated API tests
- Manually test new features and create/update test plans and cases
- Run regression tests every other week prior to releases
- Relentlessly track down problems and actively solve them
- Evaluate log files and errors, to provide developers information regarding defects
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity and code quality
- 3+ years software testing experience
- 2+ years experience scripting with Selenium (no recorders), Robot Framework, Python
- Experience testing APIs
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
Desired/Nice to have:
- Experience testing mobile apps
- Experience with load and stress testing
- S. Computer Science or other related degree
- Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Over the last 19 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location where the candidate is applying.
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.