Software Tools Engineer - Linux
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
This is a Software Tools Engineer role in the engineering team that delivers the sensor (lightweight agent) on Linux. The sensor is supported on multiple distributions of Linux and ships frequently to support new kernels. The Tools Engineer owns production of installers and cloud updates of Linux sensor releases in a timely manner, working closely with the rest of the team. As a Tools Engineer, you'll use your strong technical ability to drive these releases across many different systems and develop repeatable and scalable processes and tools to keep our releases processes on-time across all supported distributions.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build and release management.
- Build and maintain tools to improve scale and efficiency in our product and product release process.
- Other projects as assigned
What You'll Need
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management on Linux or Unix environments
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a globally distributed team
- Strong experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems - git, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience with build management tools
- Experience automating release and build processes
- Experience using Docker containers and virtualization platforms (such as VMWare)
- Some experience in C/C++
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.