We're searching for a Software Tools Development Manager with experience as a Software Engineering Manager for one or more SaaS products. Ideally, you're a former Software Engineer that wants to expand your expertise to infrastructure focused software engineering. You already know that excellent communication skills are a must, since you'll be collaborating with Services, Support, Product, and Software Engineering on a regular basis. Our company and team are growing incredibly quickly, so we definitely want someone that's excited to deal with the challenges that come with growth and scale!
- Ensure your team is consistently delivering at a high pace and meeting deadlines
- In partnership with our Product organization, improve and iterate on our internally consumed software products (mostly Ruby).
- Balance and prioritize team workload across innovation, engineering support, customer support, and tech debt
- Drive a software engineering mindset in the DevOps group, and specifically lead the charge with a focus on testing
- Continue to hire, develop, and mentor best in class DevOps Engineers
Background and Experience:
- 2+ years in a SaaS management role, preferably in Software Engineering, DevOps, or SRE
- 5+ years of hands on experience as a Software , DevOps, or SRE Engineer
- A track record of providing a superior customer experience
- The ability to evangelize a philosophy around automation and testing
- Understanding of Agile Development, true CI/CD, and public cloud environments
- A passion for creating a culture of inclusiveness and compassion
- A history of leveraging data to objectively measure impact and optimize people / engineering processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.