As a Senior Solution Architect within WFM Retail store systems, you are a technical leader combining technical skills with business acumen to create solution designs, inform technical strategy and solve business problems in a complex retail environment with a multitude of systems in a varied technology space. In this role, your technical and solution design skills will link technology into tangible solutions, with an opportunity to define or inform services and product roadmaps.
You will Architect and help build solutions to complex problems for large scope programs working with multiple teams with diverse experience and skills. You will create solutions that are extensible, operationally excellent and cost optimized, and aligned with architecture and design principles. You will communicate design specifics and strategy to a diverse set of internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Understand business needs and objectives of customers, business partners (from WFM and Amazon), and product owners
- Define/Partner in defining technology strategy and solution design to business needs and objectives
- Partner and drive different teams (Security, Operational Excellence, Support) and 3rd party vendors to bring the solution to its fruition
- Architect and create Solutions to large and complex business programs spanning multiple teams adhering to architecture and design principles
- Acquire and Learn new existing IT systems (POS and Payment) from 3rd party vendor
- Be the voice of the customer, sharing the need and wants to inform and influence product roadmap and architecture design
- Advise key stakeholders and lead solution discussions across teams to define and maintain the architecture strategy and KPI’s of the solution. Be trusted to present recommendations to the various levels of leadership
- Accelerate progress by driving timely decisions. Clear blockers and escalate appropriately. Make trade-offs: time vs. scope vs. cost while not hindering the long-term strategy
- Be a leader and mentor to junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant technical experience in Solution Design and Retail technology
- Experience working in Retail, with Instore Systems, Ecommerce Platforms, or other Retail technologies
- Experience designing and solutioning large scale integrated applications impacting multiple IT systems – either on-premises or in the cloud
- Experience defining Non-Functional Requirements (NFR’s) for services/solution being built – In the cloud or On-premises
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud-native architecture and services
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Able to navigate and create clarity amidst ambiguity
- 3+ years implementing or using Retail/Point of Sale (POS) or Ecommerce Platform
- Previous experience at Amazon or Amazon subsidiary working on joint projects with Amazon
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
This position is based in Austin; domestic relocation assistance is available. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.