Solutions Architect, Serverless/DevOps at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
As a Serverless Architect; you will help our clients build cutting-Edge applications using the Cloudflare Workers serverless platform . You have a deep understanding of Computer Architecture, Application Design, and the advantages of a Distributed Serverless Platform. Your goal is to help customers understand the technical details and value proposition of Workers, and show them a path towards building their application on our platform.
As our Pre-Sales expert on this technology; you will help our Sales team to qualify, design, and win engagements which add value to Cloudflare and our Clients. No matter your background, you have natural curiosity and desire to design the most elegant and efficient solutions to a client’s needs. Your expertise, as much as the unique capabilities of our platform, will make a complete Solution for our clients.
You will work closely with our Account Executives (AEs); generalist SEs, as well as every other team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support.
As a critical member of our Solution Architect Team, you will serve as a trusted technical advisor; helping clients find the best solution for their business needs via Cloudflare Workers
- Guide qualified prospects through the Solution Design and Proof of Concept stages of sales engagements; showing them the key capabilities of the Cloudflare Workers Platform
- Work with your Sales Partners to consistently achieve Pipeline and Revenue goals
- Take clients’ requirement, design the optimized Workers solution for those requirements, and clearly communicate the benefits vs competing solutions
- Drive deep technical discussions on the Workers Platform, to ensure sound design and overcome objections. Understand , from a rigorous Computer Architecture perspective, the design of our system and communicate this to clients with varying levels of knowledge.
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Engineering, and other teams to assist with technical escalations
- Proactively identify opportunities for expansion for existing customers
- Promote retention by capturing and communicating gaps in product or features
- Contribute towards the success of the CSE organization through knowledge-sharing activities such as contributing to internal and external documentation, answering technical Q&A, and helping iterate on best practices
- Contribute to the global product team with recommendations for roadmap
- 5-8 years of prior Technical Sales, Computer Engineering, or related experience
- Curiosity and Learning Agility
- Computer Architecture; including a contextual understanding of its history and development. Clear understanding of the advantages to our Isolate technology vs Containers or VMs; and the differences between all three.
- Other programming languages - knowledge and experience of other common languages is preferred. Go, Rust, C are all helpful.
- Understanding of WASM as a technology; and Assembly as a low-level technical component. Able to explain the role of Assembly at a physical level; and the parallels to WASM as a technology
- Database technologies. Purpose of a database in systems architectures; advantages of distributed vs centralized models. Able to pick the right technology for a use case based on write convergence time, read latency, etc.
- Layers and protocols of the OSI model, such as TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Design
- You’ve built a complex application, either professionally or as a hobbyist, and will be able to explain your design choices clearly during the interview process
- Able to hear a clear, non-technical description of an Application (“It is a chat room, for our 150 most important users”) and quickly determine which Compute, Data, and Security components are needed to build this application
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems then build sustainable solutions to prevent recurrence
- Technical curiosity and passion: Cloudflare is at the cutting edge of internet technology, and our CSEs are viewed as subject-matter experts. It’s incumbent on us to stay up to date not only with Cloudflare’s specific products, but with industry trends.
- Ability to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing goals
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.